|| Technical Sales & Applications Manager – Inside
||£35K plus bonus
||Technical Sales & Applications Manager – Inside
My client is a specialised, long-established and successful valve distributor who has recently acquired new owners. Their aim is to achieve step change growth and maximise potential.
- The key task will be to prepare quotations and liaising with customers will be an important part of the role.
- There will be an occasional need to visit customers.
- The products are rarely sold as standard products from a catalogue so there is a requirement to understand flow control and develop innovative solutions to customers’ problems.
- Prepare quotations and proposals in line with customer requirements
- Liaise with customers to refine their specifications
- Prepare cost estimate and generate pricing in line with company guidelines
- Maintain contact with customer after proposals have been made in order to ensure that the contract is won.
- Act as an influential and integral part of the team, proposing changes to improve designs or reduce costs.
- A key part of the role will be supporting business development through the two field sales engineers and prospecting for new customers.
- He/she will be capable, after appropriate training, of handling technical enquiries and preparing quotes for customers.
- The candidate will have wide scope through their own personal initiative and ambition to grow and develop the Company.
- He/she will have relevant technical skills in valves or other fluid control products and a successful track record of sales development.
- Technical or Applications Engineering experience: probably not “catalogue sales”.
- Understanding of valves and flow control systems: flow, pressure and pressure changes.
- Proficiency in PC and Microsoft Excel & Word essential.
- Some understanding of Business systems such as Encore or SAP: uses Opera II
- May have an engineering degree but will certainly be ONC Mechanical Engineering as a minimum
- Full driving licence will be a requirement.
Salary: £35k plus benefits