|| Project Manager
||£45 – 50k
||UK North West
The Company is a world class organisation with offices all aroung the globe and is committed to providing excellence in customer service, offering full sales and service support. By combining global expertise with local support, they deliver a complete package of product and service that ensures customers improve output quality, maintain plant & process safety, and meet legislative requirements.
The Company is dedicated to the design and manufacture of high performance, reliable gas analysing solutions. They are committed to continuous investment in innovation, technology leadership and the incorporation of best practises across all business activities.
To lead teams and manage outsourcing partners that will develop a portfolio of new products and enhancements which meet the market’s needs that are manufacturable, delivered on time and to budget.
- Project Manage key outsourced projects – all disciplines – Mechanical / Electronics / Software
- Develop and agree the product’s overall architecture / specification and resolve the key technical issues ensure projects are delivered to budget and specification
- Deliver a full set of product documentation, ensure technical notes and technical reports are produced when appropriate,
- Monitor and report progress against plan and budget regularly.
- Manage all internal and external, full and part time projects resources to meet the brief
- Ensure product meets spec. by design evaluation, testing, field trials etc
- Ensure product is designed for manufacture and assembly
- To understand the development and engineering processes, and provide input for continuous improvement.
- Team Management – Provide leadership / direction for Project team (matrix structure)
- To work with QA and Supply Chain departments to ensure that products are designed, tested and manufactured to the highest standards
- To work with the Product Manager to train the sales force and Customer Applications on the product line, and provide customer facing support when appropriate.
- To take responsibility where necessary for the manufacturing process and associated documentation for each of the products within their responsibility.
- Work to the Company’s policies, procedures and standards, ensure strict adherence to H & S policies and procedures
Knowledge and experience:
- BSc / BEng (Hons) or equivalent – Mechanical / Electronics / Physics
- Experience in product development & production engineering
- Track record of achievement in delivering multidisciplined projects on time and budget using outsourced partners
- Project Management practices – Prince 2 / PMI or equivalent
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership, people management and motivation
- Eng. Standards, processes and systems
- SAP would be an advantage
- Must be a Project champion who will fight for the project.
- Technically competent, creative, innovative, result orientated.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Problem solver, proactive, makes things happen by personal effort where necessary.
- Delivers on time
An extremely competitive salary of £45-50k is on offer with bonus scheme and flexible working hours.
Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance.